Lineblocs Ltd. and its affiliates (referred to collectively as “Lineblocs
”) through providing the Lineblocs unified communications platform (located at https://lineblocs.com
) (the “Services
”), found here
1. Personal Information We Collect
Directly. We collect and use your personal information to provide you with a secure and safe experience when accessing and using the Services. Our collection and use of your personal information will be limited to that which is necessary to provide you with a tailored experience. For that reason, through the course of using the Services, you may be prompted to provide us with personal information, which may include your first name, last name, proof of identification, company name, title, email, business address, phone number, password, authentication information and payment information.
We may also collect from you, when necessary, files and communications sent through the Services. For example, if you upload video or audio files to the Services and send them, we will collect them from you for their use in the Services. Other content we may collect include messages, voice recordings and other documents uploaded to and sent through the Services that may contain personal information.
How Your Information is Collected. We collect personal information form you when you sign up for an account, communicate with others through the Services and when you update your account’s information. We may collect your personal information from other users on the Services or through third-party service providers that integrate with the Services.
User Reviews. You may be provided with surveys through your use of the Services that request feedback on your experience with the Services, contractors or our commercial partners. The information from these surveys may be linked with your user account.
2. Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- details of your usage of the Services, including traffic data, location data, regional settings, logs, other communication data and the resources that you access and use; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Data Collection Technologies. The information and data that we automatically collect may include personal information, and we may maintain or associate it with the other personal information that you provide to us or that we receive from third-parties. This is done to improve our Services and to deliver a more personalized service to you. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited the Services and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content on the Services and verifying system and server integrity).
4. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to provide the Services. We may use your information:
- To operate the Services and makes its contents available to you. We will not monitor or disclose any calls, conversations, messages, or other communications that are transmitted through the Services, except as required by applicable law;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. We use your information to (i) provide you with personalized communications services; (ii) facilitate payments on the Services; and (iii) communicate with you via email, text message, push notification, or otherwise;
- To contact you via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise to provide administrative notices, marketing notifications, promotional offers and other communications relevant to your use of our Services under applicable laws;
- To provide you with customer support and assist with the provision of the Services, or to assist in resolving complaints or disputes relating to the Services;
- To improve our Services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To enforce our Terms and other agreements, including for billing or notifying you about changes to our Services or any products or services that we offer;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected or for any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and comply with applicable law; and
- For any other purpose with your consent and as otherwise outlined in our Terms.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- Affiliated Companies: We may share your information with our subsidiaries, parent company and other affiliated entities to effectively provide you with the Services.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers, contractors, the organizations they act on behalf of, and other third-parties (such as cloud hosting, analytics and search engine providers) we use to support our business. For these third-party service providers to perform or facilitates these functions, they may require us to provide them with your information. If we provide them with your information, we will contractually obligate them to keep your information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- Payment Processors: Users may be able to submit credit card or other payment information into the Services to pay for a requested project. Lineblocs utilizes third-party payment processers to facilitate payments. We do not receive nor store any payment information on our servers. All payment transactions are encrypted when communicated through our third-party payment processor.
- Storage Providers: We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
- Legal Requirements: We may share your information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, under applicable law.
- Business Transactions: Lineblocs reserves the right to share your information in connection with any proposed or realized merger, divestiture, consolidation, restructuring, purchase, sale or any other type of business combination that requires its disclosure.
6. Security of Collected Information
Lineblocs uses physical, electronic, technical and administrative safeguards designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. We store all of the information you provide to us on secure servers. Although we implement measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information to the Services is done is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. User accounts on the Services are password-protected, and if you have a user account are solely responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask that you (a) do not share your password with anyone; (b) do not post your password in any public areas online (d) do not use your password on any public devices that you might forget to log-out of.
7. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as you are a user of our Services, and as otherwise permitted or required to retain it to comply with our legal requirements. To improve the Services, we may aggregate information from users after removing information that can allow them to be identified. You acknowledge and agree that we may use anonymized personal information for legitimate business purposes that cannot be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymized information without further notice.
We may collect and maintain information related to your usage of the Services. For example, communications over the Services may be stored for up to sixty (60) days. We reserve the right to use and retain this information in order to ensure the proper functioning of the Services and to investigate and help prevent fraud, unlawful activities and violations of our Terms that may harm us or our affiliates.
8. User Rights
If you would like to exercise any of the following rights, please contact us at our email below:
- Accessing, Correcting or Updating Your Information: You may request for us at any time to correct your information or to provide you with a copy of your personal information that we maintain in electronic format.
- Deleting Your Information: You may request for us at any time to have your personal information that we maintain deleted. We will comply with your request unless there are legitimate business or legal grounds for the continued retention of your personal information.
- Object to our Processing: You may request for us to restrict or cease the processing of your personal information if you believe it has been processed (i) in a manner contrary to applicable law; (ii) in a manner outside of the consent you provided; or (iii) after your consent has been withdrawn. We will comply with your request unless there are legitimate business or legal grounds for the continued processing of your personal information.
- Withdrawing Consent: You may withdraw your consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time. We will comply with your request unless it conflicts with our legal obligations or an established standard of practice. Please be aware that if you withdraw your consent, we may be unable to provide you with the Services.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Services are intended for use by individuals above the age of majority and is not intended for children under the age of children under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under eighteen (18) years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at the email address below.